Your business is made up of many individual parts that work together to create the overall whole, right? All of the different systems you use all work toward the same goal; why should it be any different when you throw ecommerce for business into the mix?
When you are shopping for ecommerce for business, it is important that you find a solution that gives you an integrated approach. Having ecommerce for business is only part of the puzzle, you need to make sure your ecommerce platform will work together with your other business systems- otherwise you will not see a penny of the revenue you are always hearing about when businesses implement ecommerce for business.
So why is it so important for you to have a fully integrated ecommerce approach? Here are some problems you will run into if you DO NOT have an ecommerce solution that works in tandem with your other systems.
- You will need to re-enter orders from your ecommerce site into your accounting/ERP system
- Duplicate effort
- Reduced efficiency
- Increase costs/order in terms of time and employees to do it
- Risk of data entry errors
2. Customer info not synced between ecommerce and ERP
- Risk inaccuracies in your customer database
- Need to manually enter contact info
- Reduced efficiency
3.Pricing and account history not synced with ERP system
- Incomplete and/or inaccurate information being given to buyers
4.Customers who order on your ecommerce site cannot see negotiated pricing.
- Orders need to be manually adjusted
- More cost and time per order
5. Shipping costs cannot be calculated and tracked online
- No real-time tracking for customers so they will be calling to track their order, taking your employees away from other activities that drive revenue
Those are just a few of the largest problems we see in companies that do not integrate ecommerce with their other systems. The strategy behind ecommerce for business is to streamline the entire process by eliminating data reentry, improving customer service, freeing up your sales/support employees, cutting down on the time/cost associated with each order, and allowing customers to get accurate information 24/7. By going with a platform that does not help you reach those goals you are doing yourself, and your business, a huge disservice.