A recent study “Online and Mobile are Transforming B2B Commerce” conducted by Forrester consulting (commissioned by hybris) surveyed over 700 B2B organizations around the world a found that, while it has been evident for a while now, B2B ecommerce is growing, becoming more important, and provides significant advantages for those who choose to adopt it.
The survey results illustrate how B2B ecommerce has impacted B2B’s and their ability to sell their products and services, acquire new customers, and retain current customers in today’s marketplace. Some of the key findings from the study include:
- Companies who do not embrace both mobile and B2B ecommerce techniques will risk losing market share in the near and distant future to competitors.
- Selling online and on mobile devices represents a significant new opportunity for B2B companies.
- It’s easier to influence and build loyalty with online-only versus offline-only customers.
- Customers are demanding more flexible online shopping experiences and 24 hour access to customer service tools.
- 69% of B2B companies selling direct to business partners online expect to stop publishing print catalogs in the next 5 years.
- B2B companies selling online report that over 50% of their customers use smart phones and tablets to research and purchase.
- Self-service tools found in B2B ecommerce solutions are changing how B2B customers interact with companies.
- and much more
As we enter 2014, it is predicted that 40% of marketing and sales professionals will adopt ecommerce into their techniques, why should you join them? Considering what this report from Forrester consulting has pointed out, consider this:
A recent study from Acquity Group found that 71% of B2B buyers said they would leave their current supplier if they found a new supplier with identical pricing with the option to buy online!
The key is finding the right B2B ecommerce solution. Of course, this is easier said than done and will require some research, but it will be well worth the time and energy. Download our free guide to selecting B2B ecommerce to help you as you begin your B2B ecommerce research.