What makes a good b2b ecommerce solution? This of course will be different for every person and every business,but there are a few things that every b2b needs from their ecommerce solution to ensure operational efficiency and a secure and user-friendly experience for customers.
- Customer specific pricing: The ability of an ecommerce platform to handle a variety of pricing schedules and serve up the right one based on user credentials is essential for B2B ecommerce success.
- Freedom to optimize. Your marketing team will appreciate this. With the importance of search engine optimization(SE0) it is essential to have a b2b ecommerce solution that allows you to customize your URLS, meta data, and on-page content to get your page ranking high on Google, Yahoo, and Bing so customers find you before your competition.
- Security. A secure site is must for any B2B in today’s world. Keeping your customers information and your company information should be at the top of your list; be sure to look at this very carefully as you evaluate your options.
- Easy Search Functionality- B2B’s can sell one thing, thousand of things, or even thousands of varieties of one product! So it is important to give your customers a quick and easy way to search for what they came for. The quicker and easier it is for you customers to get in, find what they need, and get out, the better your chances are at closing the sale and having repeat purchases.
- Integration with ERP, CRM, and other back-end systems. Integration will help streamline your activities, boost productivity, and in the end, really raise that bottom line. If you do not use a system that integrates with ERP, CRM, shipping, and other technologies you use in your day-to-day operations, you are creating extra work, opening yourself up to data entry errors, and many more headaches, so don’t forget about this during your b2b ecommerce solution selection.